Someplace Safe serves as a Safe Harbor Regional Navigator organization for the state of Minnesota.
A Safe Harbor Regional Navigator’s role is to identify and coordinate current and emerging services available to identify and assist at-risk, sexually exploited and trafficked youth, while also helping to facilitate creation and development of processes for how local, county and state systems will improve their responses for these youths to age 24.
Goals of Regional Navigators include:
- Improving community capacity to identify at-risk, sexually exploited and trafficked youth (SEY) in Minnesota.
- Increasing available services and the overall effectiveness of services for SEY to enhance positive outcomes for youth.
- Enhancing coordination and collaboration between systems (criminal justice, health care, child protection, and welfare, etc.) and professionals serving, interacting, and engaging with youth.
- Communicating and providing input to state agencies and other partners on the progress of Safe Harbor and the No Wrong Door implementation model.
Someplace Safe’s Safe Harbor Regional Navigator serves as a regional expert and point of entry for referring at-risk, sexually exploited, and/or trafficked youth for services in the West Central region of the state.
The 19-county West Central region includes: Big Stone, Becker, Chippewa, Clay, Douglas, Grant, Kandiyohi, Lac qui Parle, McCloud, Meeker, Otter Tail, Pope, Renville, Stevens, Swift, Traverse, Wadena, Wilkin, and Yellow Medicine counties
In addition, the Regional Navigator:
- Identifies available resources and helps to build capacity of service providers;
- Offers and facilitates professional trainings and community education opportunities;
- Provides local technical assistance and support as needed or requested;
- participates in case consultations and ongoing opportunities for learning and support;
- Coordinates implementation of Safe Harbor Model Protocol and No Wrong Door guidelines and best practices.
To request a professional training or community educational presentation, Training & Education Request Form
*Specialized training may be available to help accommodate your business or organizational training needs. Costs may vary depending on your individual needs.
To contact the Regional Navigator directly:
Phone: 218-739-3486 ext. 774