Happy Holidays and Thank You From Someplace Safe
"A couple weeks ago I needed help and a start in a new direction. Someplace Safe was there to pickup the pieces when I was sure I was broken."
- survivor of domestic violence
Thanks to you, our generous donors and supporters, Someplace Safe provided services to this survivor of crime, as well as over 4,500 other individuals in the past year, creating a lasting positive impact in our communities. In the past year, Someplace staff and volunteers also:
• Answered over 2,500 calls on the after-hours crisis line from victims of domestic violence, sexual violence and exploitation, human trafficking, and other crimes.
• Completed 3,000 personalized safety plans with adults and children who experienced violence, abuse, or unhealthy relationships. These safety plans include what precautions may be taken by victims at home, work, school, and public places in order to help keep them safer from their abuser.
• Assisted in filling out nearly 900 protective orders with victims of crime and attended over 1,700 criminal and civil hearings to provide support during court processes.
• Provided 184 men, women, and children with 1,083 nights of safety through the emergency safe housing program.
• Provided a safe and neutral space for 631 exchanges and supervised parenting times between 231 children and 293 parents at our Parenting Time Centers.
• Provided nearly 200 vouchers from Someplace Safe’s Thrift Stores in Alexandria and Morris, helping at least 460 individuals and victims of crime in our communities with clothing, household items and other necessities in their time of need.
Please consider Someplace Safe for your holiday giving or tax deductible year end gift. Your contribution of $10, $25, $50, $100 or an amount of your choice allows Someplace Safe to provide services to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and exploitation, human trafficking and other crimes. Make donating easy by dropping off or mailing your donation to any of our office locations, or utilize our online giving option at https://givemn.org/organization/Someplacesafe.
Thank you for choosing Someplace Safe for your holiday giving efforts! We give thanks for your support throughout the year, and appreciate your help in spreading holiday cheer this season.
The individuals and families Someplace Safe provides services to may be your friends, families, neighbors or coworkers. The clients, have experienced a crime, may have fled dangerous situations, could be starting over in a new home or community, or maybe are struggling through a difficult time and in need of a helping hand.
This holiday season you have the chance to warm the hearts of women, children, and men who desperately need some holiday cheer. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
For a printable list of holiday needs and ways to donate, please click HERE
Donate to Someplace Safe:
Your monetary contribution allows Someplace Safe to provide services to clients and their families, directly impacting your community.
Giving an unwrapped gift gives individuals the chance to receive a hand-picked gift that you chose specially for them, or something they can choose specially for someone they love.
- Board games
- Diapers in all sizes
- Learning games
- Kitchen Play Sets
- Toys (gender neutral preferred)
- Rocking Chairs
Kids & Teens:
- Craft activities
- Drawing tools
- Toys of all kinds
- Leap Frog
- Sports Equipment
- Board Games
- DVD''s (G&PG)
- Toiletry Sets
- Pampering Items
- Group games ( i.e. Apples to Apples)
- Personal Care Items
- Perfumes or Colognes
- Purses or Bags
- Nail polish and makeup
- Manicure and grooming sets
Stuff a Stocking
Fill a stocking or gift bag full of things you think our clients would enjoy. Be sure to label what gender and age the item is most appropriate for. Some suggestions include:
- Small toys
Local Gift Cards
This gift enables individuals to shop for their own families or treat themselves to something they want or need. Local retailers we suggest:
- Visa or MasterCard
Adopt a Family
This is a great way to help families who are experiencing hardships or may be having a difficult time. There are a limited amount of opportunities to give in this capacity. Due to the nature of each of families’ circumstances, and to protect the safety of both you and the families, you will be unable to drop off items at their homes.
If you, your family, your business, co-workers, congregation or group would like to adopt a family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your local Someplace Safe office for specific family information (sizes and other details).
Thank you for providing safety, options, and hope for those in need in your community!
Share this page