Professional Training Opportunities
Someplace Safe offers a variety of professional training opportunities to fit the needs of local professionals, businesses, and partners.
Trained staff and community partners are available to provide needed training to you and/or your staff on a variety of topics to help meet your needs.
Training topics include but are not limited to*:
- Domestic Violence 101 or Sexual Violence 101
- “Cut It Out®” – dedicated to mobilizing salon professionals and others to fight the epidemic of domestic abuse in communities by building awareness and training salon professionals to recognize warning signs and safely refer clients, colleagues, friends and family to local resources.
- Digital Dangers
- “In Her Shoes” – A learning tool created by the Washington Coalition Against Domestic Violence in which participants move, do, think, and experience the life of a battered woman
- “None of Our Business” – Training demonstrating how domestic violence affects the workplace, and ideas for responses from co-workers and management
- Safety Planning with Clients
- The Effects of Intimate Partner Violence on Children
- “Telling Amy’s Story” A Day in the Life: The Workplace Response to Domestic Violence – a comprehensive training program for the workplace
- Violence in the Workplace
Someplace Safe asks that all training requests be made at least two weeks prior to the training date. Fees may apply.
If you would like to request a professional training from Someplace Safe, please complete the Request Form below.
Training & Education Request Form
*Specialized training may be available to help accommodate your business or organizational training needs. Costs may vary depending on your individual needs.
For more specific information or questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow time for a staff person to respond.