What is the Day of Purple Campaign?
Purple is the color used throughout October to commemorate Domestic Violence Awareness Month. It may be worn on Thursday, October 22, 2020 in unity with others to support, pay tribute, and honor friends, family, and community members who have experienced domestic violence.
How may I participate in the Day of Purple?
Someplace Safe invites you to wear purple on Thursday, October 22nd as a way to honor your friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, and community members who have been affected by domestic violence. Don your favorite purple shirt, jacket, sports jersey, hat or facemask! Get the whole office or group involved. Use the campaign as a conversation starter: Who are you wearing purple for? Why are you supporting the campaign? What can be done within your office/group/family to help local victims and survivors?
How can I pledge my support?
- You may organize a Purple Pledge collection at work or within your group of friends. Consider pledging a few dollars for the privilege of wearing purple on October. Purple Pledges may be dropped off at your local office or mailed to: Someplace Safe, PO Box 815, Fergus Falls, MN 56538-0815.
- Purple Pledges may also be made online at www.someplacesafe.info/donate or via text message by sending the text “@sps” to 52014 to donate quickly and easily.
- Organize a Day of Purple supply drive. Collect toiletries, gift cards (gas, grocery, local retailers) and quilts for use by local Someplace Safe clients in emergency situations.
How can I help publicize the Day of Purple?
- Share Day of Purple information at upcoming meetings, email the information to your co-workers, or get your social group involved.
- Hang a Day of Purple poster in your home, place of business, or meeting space as a symbol of your support and participation.
- Wear a Day of Purple sticker as a show of support.
- Share your #dayofpurple participation photos on social media. Show off your favorite purple fashions to your friends and followers!
For more information or to request posters or stickers please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your local Someplace Safe office.