There are many ways to get involved at Someplace Safe and make a positive impact in your local community! Check out the options below:
1. Volunteer Opportunities
Someplace Safe depends on volunteers and community members like you. From providing general office assistance, to event planning, outdoor projects, and sorting donations ... there are a vast number of ways to volunteer at Someplace Safe.
- Check out more information on volunteering at Advocacy Offices, Parenting Time Centers, and Community Thrift Stores (right side of the screen).
- College internships are available at a variety of Someplace Safe locations. Click HERE to check out more info.
- Advocacy and Crisis Line Volunteer Training are available to those who would like to perform advocacy for clients. Due to the nature of crime and abuse, comprehensive training is required. Contact us for information pertaining the next 40-Hour Advocacy and Crisis Line training at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to get started on your training now, visit the Office for Victims of Crime's Training and Technical Assistance Center to complete the Victims Assistance Training (VAT) Online. VAT Online is a foundational Web-based victim assistance training program that offers victim service providers and allied professionals the opportunity to acquire the essential skills and knowledge they need to more effectively assist victims of crime. VAT Online contains four sections: Basics, Core Competencies and Skills, Crimes, and Specific Considerations for Providing Victim Services.
If you are interested in learning more about opportunities available in your area, contact your local office or email us today at email@example.com for more information. Please allow time for a staff person to contact you.
2. Collect Items for Local Victims and Survivors
Someplace Safe is always in need of items for clients, such as: quilts, toiletries, personal care items, diapers, wipes, local gift cards (gas and grocery), VISA gift cards, and used cell phones (in any condition). Contact your local Someplace Safe office for more information on specific client needs.
3. Follow us on Social Media
Whether you want to stay up to date on the latest happenings, spread the word about upcoming events, or share our awareness posts to educate others ... social media is the perfect way to stay up-to-date.
4. Participate in Annual Awareness Events and Fundraisers
Our local offices host a variety of awareness event and fundraisers each year to educate communities and raise funds and support for Someplace Safe services. Your attendance plays a crucial role in supporting our work! Check out our event calendar for more information on upcoming fundraisers and awareness events in your community at Calendar | Someplace Safe |
5. Subscribe to our Monthly E-newsletter
Keep up on all the latest Someplace Safe happenings! Subscribe to our free monthly e-newsletter at: Newsletters | Someplace Safe |
Community Advocacy Offices
Support victims and survivors in your local community
Parenting Time Centers
Help provide a safe, neutral location for children and their families
Student Interns and Service Learning
Earn college credit while serving your community
Someplace Safe Thrift Stores
Volunteer at Someplace Safe's Thrift Stores in Alexandria, Fergus Falls or Morris, MN
Someplace Safe offers equal employment and volunteer opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, citizenship, disability, gender orientation, or status as a veteran.