The Domestic Violence program of Someplace Safe is operated by staff and volunteers who have been trained to help victims and survivors cope with a wide range of needs and responses to domestic violence. All advocacy services provided by Someplace Safe are completely free and confidential.
24 Hour Crisis Line – 800-974-3359
Our emergency crisis line is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The line is staffed by individuals trained to listen, offer information, and make referrals to cooperating emergency agencies if necessary.
Advocates are trained staff and volunteers who offer help for victims, survivors, family and friends who have been affected by family violence. Advocates are available to:
- Crisis response and intervention
- Assistance and accompaniment at the hospital or at medical forensic examinations
- Assistance and accompaniment at law enforcement center or other appointments (school, landlord, etc.)
- Safety planning
- Short term emergency housing through STEPS (see below)
- Guidance and assistance in locating resources (security and protection, food, clothing, household items, personal supplies, Thrift Store Vouchers, etc.)
- Offer information on community and government resources
- Legal advocacy and/or criminal justice system intervention (assistance with Protection Orders, Restitution, Reparations or visitation arrangements; accompaniment to or tracking of criminal process; court advocacy, etc.)
Support groups are offered at many Someplace Safe location for survivors of domestic violence. This service is a completely confidential environment in which survivors can explore, discuss, and understand the impact of the violence in their lives.
Short Term Emergency Placement Services
Short Term Emergency Placement Services (S.T.E.P.S.) may be available for victims and survivors of domestic violence in need. Referrals, transportation, and accompaniment to appointments may also be available.
Parenting Time Centers
Someplace Safe Parenting Time Centers provide safe, neutral environments to visit or exchange children. Victims and survivors may access PTC services to ensure the safety of children during parenting time. Intakes are required. Fees apply.
Someplace Safe Thrift Stores provide household items, clothing and furniture for individuals utilizing our services through a voucher system. Contact your local Advocacy Office for information.